snapshots and observations

Thursday 30 May 2013

korean magazine interview at whitfield towers









did i mention i was interviewed for a korean magazine a few weeks ago ?

true story.

a couple of journalists and a photographer made their way over to n7
to listen to my long stories and to try and take photos of me smiling.

luckily for my blog, i had my very own photographer to record the event.
( thanks to la niña for having my back and for the excellent pics )


1
this was my least favourite, least comfortable part of the afternoon.
being asked to sit and smile. posing for photos is not really my thing.









2
look how miserable and uncomfortable i am.









3
oh well. at least somebody was enjoying it.









4
check out my hand gestures.
as the boss knows only too well, when i sit like that and start gesturing with my hands
i'm telling a long story that will have no punch-line.









5
this is probably 5 minutes later and i'm still telling the same tale,
going off at tangents.









6
even la niña was getting bored and started trying to find some arty angles.
not bad at all.









7
the korean photographer goes about her business while i keep
the journalists on the edge of their seats.









8
then again, look at the body language here.
they are leaning forward, hanging onto my every word.
perhaps in the hope that i will one day finish my story.









9
ok, now they're getting bored. looking at each other and whispering in korean.









10
i've no idea what i was talking about here.
maybe my love of coffee ? my ideas for sock design ? my collection of hair product.
who knows ?









11
then as suddenly as my story began...
it ended.
sighs all around and i learned the korean for "is that it ?"
and "was there any point to that story ?"









12
oh hello.
i did take one photo myself.
i wonder if this is the pic they will use in their magazine ?
the one the photographer is taking here.
one of me with a camera in front of my face ?









13
oh right, i remember... i took this pic before handing over my camera to 
la niña for the predictable finale to this post.









14
this is when i said they should watch me for posing tips.









15
and finally.


i've got to say a big thank-you to the korean girls. it was quite a pleasant 
way to spend a couple of hours and i can't wait to see the published article.

will somebody photoshop a smile onto my face ?
will somebody re-write my words to include a punch-line ?


keep checking back here and i'll show you in a month or so.







No comments:

Post a Comment