snapshots and observations

Thursday 14 April 2011

new york story ( part 1 )







i've got so many pics from new york to show here. i think it would take ages
to edit them and put them into categories, stories, you know... all the coffee shops 
together, all the self-portraits together, all my yellow cab shots etc...

so, how about i just post the pics in chronological order a few at a time ?

let's see how it goes. here are the first few snapshots and observations...





i arrived at my hotel at around 1pm but was told they wouldn't have a room for 
me for a couple of hours. hmmm... still, it gave me a chance to get straight
over to flight club to buy some kicks for 'batter' and the gaucho's gym af-1's for myself.

straight after the successful purchases at flight club, i ducked around the corner 
to joe and the art of coffee for my first coffee of the trip.
it was a bit of a fail. they didn't know what a flat white was so i ordered a strong latte.
also as with my last visit to joe's in november there were no free seats as they were all
taken by layabouts sitting around using laptops but not drinking.









i got the subway back to my hotel ( the hudson ) and checked in.
what a touch ! i was upgraded to a larger room
( thanks to devon for this )









i think i grabbed some food and had an early night due to the time difference,
because the next photo i took was this...
i shot this at about 6am on saturday ( after being awake for 3 hours )
when i was on my way out for breakfast.
it's the communal lounging area which each floor has just outside the lifts.
there's a marble table, some cool chairs and some hidden vending machines
that sell food and drink.








i must admit, i love the interior of the lifts at the hudson hotel
rippled metal walls. ideal for a self-portrait.








so more or less every time i stepped into the lift, i tried to take a shot of myself.
this was never going to be a winner due to my lack of sleep and hair product.








this is the somewhat shaky view of the escalator as you go from the lobby to the street
the hudson has been around for a while now but it still has some of the most impressive
features of any hotel i know of. the yellow escalator to and from the lobby being one of them.








i turned left out of the hotel. i knew where to go for a good breakfast.
i wasn't the only person on the prowl for food.








excellent... the flame.
it's a 30 second walk from the hudson and it's the place i always give my
breakfast business to. it's open 24 hours by the way.








i snagged a window seat. this was my view out of the window.
there's the hudson hotel.








this was my view looking into the diner
or it would be my view if i had fishes eyes.








looking down at my table...
a glass of water and the first black coffee of the day helped me to wake up a little.
hmmm... looks like my elbows are on the table here. my mum would not be happy.








i've shown you the extensive breakfast menu in a previous post
ordinarily i'd have gone for corned beef hash and eggs...








but today i opted for the warm and fruity
it was just the ticket.
i sent a few texts to the uk, read my complimentary copy of time out new york
and managed to tuck away 3 re-fills of coffee.



www.flightclubny.com

www.joetheartofcoffee.com

www.hudsonhotel.com

www.urbanspoon.com/r/3/1536935/restaurant/Midtown-West/The-Flame-Restaurant-New-York








No comments:

Post a Comment