snapshots and observations

Friday 29 April 2011

competition answer








here's the answer to april's competition.


this is the metrocard that i bought...
it's an absolute beauty.








unlike most of the pieces, it's not actually made from a metrocard
rather it is fashioned from a piece of zebrawood to the exact shape and size
as a metrocard, complete with hole. it is however about 8mm thick as opposed
to the paper thin metrocard.








the artist behind it is andrew braun
craftsman, woodworker according to the card on the back.








the clues i was hoping you'd pick up on are as follows:

1. my phone. i've shown my iphone case many times. i really love cartoon wood
the piece i chose was the wood grain that was closest to my iphone case








i've also shown my skatedeck door handles a few times
same huntergatherer cartoon wood effect.








i also thought the piece i bought looked a lot like the wooden doors in my kitchen
which i blogged about in the past.







i've also shown my love of wood by buying an iphone charger made out of...
yep... wood.








wood effect bearbrick









maybe i don't harp on about wood as much as i should. i really do like wood.
like larry david, i respect wood !
another shot i've posted before shows a few woody bits i have...
when i had my original poster of 'the bobo' framed i chose a beach frame to
match the beech hand rails.







also seeing as i post photos of my kicks most weeks, you must have noticed 
the oak flooring at whitfield towers ?
as i mentioned in the competition post, there were quite a few pieces i could
have bought, and as a few of you pointed out, there were many pieces in the show
which tied in with things i like... still, it's the wood that got me.

thanks to everybody for entering.

until next time, etc, etc...






2 comments:

  1. OK so it's easy to say it now but I was going to choose that one as well... grrrr

    ReplyDelete