snapshots and observations

Thursday 12 August 2010

on my coffee table this week






this week's selection...






cd: the sound of '70's by yoshinori sunahara
i bought this about 10 years ago. 
i was looking for an album by the fantastic plastic machine and the bloke in hmv who was helping me said " do you like yoshinori sunahara ? "
he then thrust this in my hands and said " if you like the fantastic plastic machine, you'll love this" ... and you know what ? he was right.






book: migraine boy by greg fiering
did you ever see the migraine boy cartoons that they used to play on mtv ?
migraine boy always has a migraine and is in a bad mood. his friend is always happy.
great stuff.





dvd: emma
don't laugh, but i'm a big jane austen fan.
emma is my favourite of her novels for many reasons. 
i like this adaptation the best of the three versions i have... though 'clueless' is pretty much tied with it in first place.
i know it's a bit wrong but i see odd bits of emma in myself. my matchmaking for example !
( also i always embarrass myself at picnics )
it's a great sunday evening film and like the big lebowski, snatch and the 39 steps, is viewed at least once a year here at the towers... usually on a sunday evening.







No comments:

Post a Comment