snapshots and observations

Sunday 4 July 2010

the bored barista




on saturday we skulked over to fernandez and wells for a late breakfast.
i opted for my favourite... morcilla.
you'll have to trust me on this one. i know it doesn't look the part... but it is magic darts.



gordon was the barista and as usual the coffee's he made for me and jackie were outstanding. i was also impressed that considering how many customers he must go through, he remembered what coffee we liked.

a latte for mrs w
perfect



and a stumpy for me
why this design on my stumpy ?



gordon said he did it because of the t-shirt i was wearing...
what a top bloke !



we had a bit of a chat about coffee... about a ristretto, a piccolo ( which is like a tiny flat white ) and he explained about the wand giving out too much pressure for his liking today.
very interesting stuff and great that he took the time to explain things to me.
he said he gets a bit bored on saturdays so likes to experiment with coffee, and he showed me his latest effort... serving coffee in a half orange instead of a cup...
he could be on to something here...



here's the finished beverage. he made a little stand for the cup out of the other half of the orange.
i like the idea of this. nespresso brought out some coffee a couple of years ago with a hint of orange in it so i guess the flavours work well together. i also thought the idea of serving it in an orange was genius. great at say a party, imagine a waitress bringing a trayload of these out to guests ?


gordon told me that he'd just started a blog, and that he'd given me a mention.
i recommend you take a look at it. he's a talented bloke.




No comments:

Post a Comment