snapshots and observations

Saturday 24 April 2010

reiko-chan




i met up with my friend reiko again today.

i had no idea until today that she is very much into 
reading palms and all that nonsense. we sat outside a certain
west end coffee shop  and she read my lines and told me all about my life.
which i found very interesting...
i think the line she's pointing at shows how much coffee i drink.
or maybe it was to do with how many pairs of trainers i own.


after teaching me how to tell the difference between chinese and japanese
writing, and how to tell the difference between chinese and japanese girls, 
we said goodbye... 

well, just before we said goodbye, i did take a quick shot of her...
and in a textbook move, i managed to get myself in the reflection. grrr !




i've kept a few things reiko has drawn for me during the 3 years or so
since i met her...

when i went to tokyo for the first time, a couple of years ago, i was supposed
to see her on my last evening there but i wasn't feeling well and had an
early night instead.
in the morning there was a fax pushed under my door with this
illustration on it.
showing me flying home from the land of bathing ape and white rice
in my open-top plane, back to the land of marmite.
great stuff !


a few days later she emailed this to me... an illustration of my trip
to tokyo.

it showed the baseball game that we went to.

it also illustrated my outrage at being given a small beer in a restaurant
we went to. she thought it funny that i was offended by it
and called it a girl's size beer.

lastly it showed me and reiko having our photo taken by her friend yuriko,
infront of the electric garden with the tokyo tower in the background.
yuriko asked me to smile and i told her that the expression on my
face was as close as i get to smiling.
here is the photo that yuriko took...


hmmm... nice smile mark-san













No comments:

Post a Comment