snapshots and observations

Thursday 15 April 2010

pedro the plumber




there has been a bit of a domestic crisis here at whitfield towers recently.
our bathroom basin tap got ruined by some chemical or other used by
the cleaners. it was so bad that we had to buy another tap.

in need of a decent plumber, i immediately thought of my old mate 
pedro. so i phoned him up and asked if he knew of a good plumber !
( i thank you )

ok, ok, my mate pedro is a plumber. me and him go way back...
way back to the days of film. remember film ? 

pedro had his own film processing business. some say it was the best.
it certainly had the best name of any film processing business...
( i say that because the name was my suggestion all those years ago )
his film processing and printing business was called ' magic darts '

i used to get a lot of my e6 film processed at magic darts and spent 
many an afternoon there reminiscing about our overseas adventures...
me and pedro spent a month or so working in mongolia together,
and another month in santiago chile and ushuaia argentina.
i have a photo of the two of us somehwere in my files, snowboarding
in ushuaia... ahhh happy days.

to cut a long and uninteresting story short, pedro has been a plumber now
for almost ten years. he recently worked at the house of my old friend
( and current sports photographer of the year ) andy hooper, so i had no 
hesitation in dragging him over to whitfield towers to fit my new tap.
he worked so fast that my camera couldn't keep up... he was a blur 
before my eyes.

after making him a shockingly bad coffee and telling him some jokes
that were older than camel trophy xp-2, he moved on to fix my
dodgy kitchen tap... he then kindly fixed one of my kitchen cupboard 
doors too. what a top man !

on top of all this he also agreed to stand still for a minute and let me take
a photo of him even though he probably knew i was going to put it on my
blog and say how much he looks like buzz lightyear...
what a top man pedro is.

so i would have to say, if you ever need any plumbing or kitchen
fitting, give pedro a call. he's a genius.

oh, by the way... he's not called pedro, his name is peter.




No comments:

Post a Comment